Protein PX is more than just another standard pea protein powder. It is a blend of complete vegetable protein sourced from garden (sugar snap) peas. The protein is concentrated from the normal level of 6% in fresh peas, to around 80% – 76.2g per 100g.
What’s more, this vegan protein shake has been fortified with antioxidants, phyto-nutrients, vitamins and minerals from an extra nine herbs and super foods, including baobab fruit. It has an excellent amino acid and nutritional profile.
Pea protein is also highly soluble and therefore easy to digest and absorb with no bloating. Free from gluten, dairy, lactose, animal products, soya and other anti-nutritional factors, this hypoallergenic mix is an ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerance / allergies.
- High quality, bio-available and complete vegetable protein;
- Garden pea protein (snap peas) and 9 EXTRA beneficial herbs and phyto-nutrients;
- Contains dietary fibre;
- Easily digested; no bloating;
- Added antioxidants;
- Excellent amino acid profile;
- An array of natural food source phyto-nutrients and vitamins;
- Low in fat, calories, carbohydrates and sodium;
- No cholesterol;
Peas are well-known for being a rich, low fat source of highly bio-available protein. Pea protein is a natural vegetable-source protein, which also offers an excellent nutritional and amino acid profile:
Amino Acid Profile
Pea protein is rich in:
- Branched chain amino acids’ (leucine, isoleucine and valine);
- Lysine (an essential amino acid) ;
- Glutamine (involved in protein synthesis);
- Vitamins: including vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, folate, thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K;
- Minerals: including calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese;
and other nutrients: including both soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, lutein (a nonprovitamin A carotenoid), phyto-nutrients / phytosterols (especially ß-sitosterol) and antioxidants;
- Peas are low in fat, calories, sodium and contain no cholesterol.
Easy to Digest
Pea protein is a relatively new form of protein supplement, valued for its high digestibility (90-95%),low potential for allergic responses and reasonable price. It is particularly popular because it has a sweet taste and a texture which mixes well in liquid solutions.
It is also useful for mixing into soups and stews. Alternatively, it can be blended with liquids of your choice, as well as fruit (like banana) to make a healthy smoothie.
- Slimmers and people with food cravings (as provides slow release energy and promotes increased satiety through the combination of protein and dietary fibre content);
- Anyone recovering from illness;
- People with low appetites
- Those with an active lifestyle, with high energy demands
- Vegetarians, vegans and anyone looking to boost their protein intake;
- Anyone who wishes to avoid dairy and soya based protein products. Free from gluten, dairy and other animal products, soya and other anti-nutritional factors, this hypoallergenic powder is an ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerance / food allergies.
Unlike most other pea protein powders on the market, Protein PX is free from hexane and other toxic chemicals. These toxins are regularly used during the pea protein extraction process. Troo pea protein is extracted using only water, pressure and flocculation.
Protein PX is manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice. These manufacturing procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed. This goes above and beyond what is required so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.
1 serving (25g to 30g – 4 to 5 heaped teaspoons) to be mixed into water, fruit or vegetable juices etc, 1 – 3 times per day.
Protein PX can also be mixed with many other liquids, including milk alternatives (like soya, hazelnut, almond and coconut milk etc), sprinkled over food (such as cereal, soup or stew) and blended with fruits, like banana, to make a healthy smoothie.
It can be used as a protein powder, meal shake or healthy snack during the day, as well as before and after exercise.
Protein PX contains a minimum of 16 servings per pot, based on a 30g serving. Each pot contains:
Pea protein powder, Alfalfa powder, Chlorella powder, Cinnamon powder, Green tea powder (40% polyphenols), Spinach powder, Spirulina powder, Acai berry powder, Dandelion root powder, Baobab fruit powder, Stevia leaf extract.
*Contains 90% pea protein and 10% beneficial herbs and phyto-nutrients.
Contains no: gluten or grains, dairy, lactose, GMOs, artificial colours, artificial additives, artificial preservatives, soya, fructose or added sugar.
Nutritional information per 100g
Energy – 1541kJ/364 kcal
Protein – 76.2g
Carbohydrate – 6.6g
– of which sugar – 1.7g
Fat – 4.4g
– of which:
– Saturates – 0.7g
– Monounsaturates – 0.9g
– Polyunsaturates – 2.5g
Fibre – 3.3g
Sodium – 1.0g
If on medication or under medical supervision always consult your GP before taking health supplements. If pregnant or nursing consult your GP before taking health supplements.
You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet. Store in a cool dry place out of reach of children. Do not exceed stated dose.
FREE SHIPPING WITH THIS ITEM